By enrolling in classes at Bunker Hill Community College ("the College"), a student makes a financial commitment to pay the tuition and fee charges associated with that enrollment. The enrollment action constitutes a financial obligation between the student and the College and all proceeds of this agreement will be used for educational purposes and constitute an educational loan pursuant to 11 U.S.C. Section 523(a) (8). In submitting your course registrations, you consent to all policies and procedures of Bunker Hill Community College, including but not limited to: Student Financial Responsibilities, Credit Balance Authorization, Telephone Contact Consent, Form 1098-T Electronic Delivery, Telephone Contact Consent and Authorization to Disclose Information. For related questions please contact the Student Payment Office at 617-228-2150 or at email@example.com
Student Financial Responsibilities
You are expected to attend all classes in which you are enrolled. If you do not attend or stop attending classes and fail to personally drop by the drop deadline you will be responsible for all tuition and fees. You are responsible to pay all charges on your account by the payment due date, even if you do not receive a bill, or your account is being paid by another party. Unless you pay immediately at the time of registration, you are entering into a student loan agreement with the college, which is non-dischargeable under USC § 523 (a) of the U.S. Bankruptcy code. You are responsible for keeping
BHCC informed of any address or telephone changes. You are liable for any charges incurred. If your account is referred for collection you agree to pay all collection and attorney fees, including those incurred at trial and on appeal. If you are unable to attend, remember to drop your classes (including wait listed classes). Tuition charges will be removed only if your drop is received by the published drop deadline. Lack of attendance does not constitute withdrawal. The following terms and conditions are financial requirements of each student's education related to their registration for a term at Bunker Hill Community College. The payment of tuition and fees is the obligation of the student. By processing a course registration via the Web a student acknowledges they have read and agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Registration constitutes a financial agreement between you ("Student") and Bunker Hill Community College. Tuition, fees and other charges you incur, including but not limited to, health insurance fee, parking permit fee, replacement ID fee, returned payment charges, and Bookstore charges ("Charges") shall be added to your student account and are considered a loan for educational benefit.
- Once you formally register for classes, you assume the responsibility for understanding the College official policies concerning schedule changes, satisfactory academic progress and the financial policies of the College as described in the "Bunker Hill Community College Catalog" or "Bunker Hill Community College Student handbook" for the term of enrollment.
- Payment requirements not met at time of registration will result in disenrollment from any and all classes.
- Charges left unpaid including but not limited to financial aid adjustments for prior terms will result in the inability to register in current term courses and a hold on grades, transcripts and diplomas.
- In the event that you become delinquent in paying Charges or default in repaying Charges you will be liable for collection fees and any other costs incurred by the College to collect any monies due from you.
- Students withdrawing after the stated refund dates remain liable for full tuition and fee charges. Collection costs incurred in the event of delinquency shall be at the expense of the Student.
- Bunker Hill Community College accepts payment via student financial aid and third party sponsorship, but the responsibility for payment remains with the student. It is your responsibility to keep track of your account balance and any funding sources. If financial aid is not granted or if third party sponsors do not pay within a reasonable period, the student will be required to pay the full amount due.
- Students receiving company reimbursement or reimbursement that is dependent on grades or other company conditions must pay their own tuition by the due date or at the time of registration, then submit a claim to their company for reimbursement Sponsor balances that remain unpaid 30 days after schedule adjustment will be re-billed to the student. Accounts with such unpaid balances are the student's responsibility. Amounts not covered by an approved sponsorship or financial aid must be paid in full by the due date or at the time of registration or budgeted in the automatic payment plan.
Credit Balance Authorization
- You authorize Bunker Hill Community college to you apply any credit balance derived from federal funds to charges on your student account other than tuition and fees such as but not limited to health insurance fees, parking permit fees, library fines etc. You authorize the institution to hold excess Title IV financial aid in order to apply to any prior charges up to $200.00 appearing on your student account. This authorization is valid throughout your academic career at BHCC and may be rescinded in writing. If rescinding this authorization results in a balance due that balance must be paid immediately.
- You consent to receive email notifications to your Bhcc.edu e-mail address regarding billing statements and consent to review billing statement information on BHCC's Student Self-Service System.
- It is your responsibility to check your BHCC email daily and maintain a current postal address to ensure receipt of all College correspondence.
1098-T Electronic Delivery Consent
My enrollment with Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) signifies my consent to electronic delivery of my IRS Form 1098-T for each year that I have reportable transactions. I understand that I may receive, view, and print my IRS Form 1098-T via MyBHCC. I understand that that if my tuition is waived or covered by scholarship, grants or sponsorship I am not eligible to receive a 1098T. Should my contact information change, I understand it is my responsibility to submit the appropriate change of information form. I understand that my IRS Form 1098-T may be accessed, downloaded and printed on any hardware device that can open, read and print Adobe PDF documents and that the college provides student use computers on campus with the necessary hardware and software to access and print my IRS Form 1098-T. I understand that my IRS Form 1098-T will no longer be available after seven years. In order to receive my IRS Form 1098-T electronically or otherwise, I understand that I must provide my social security number prior to the end of the tax year. I understand that the college cannot issue 1098-T statements retroactively if I have failed to provide my social security number.
If you wish to opt-out of electronic delivery, log in to myBHCC, select the 1098T tax forms tab and log in with the information that you received when the forms were delivered online. If you do not have your log in information select click here to retrieve your log in credentials. Log in then under my account click on sign up for electronic tax documents. Uncheck the box, delete your email then click submit. Opting out does not apply to a statement provided electronically before the date on which the opt-out takes effect. A new withdrawal must be requested each year prior to the end of the tax year (December 31).
Telephone Contact Consent
By providing my telephone number, email, or other contact information, I authorize Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) and its agents to contact me using the information I have provided by any means of communications, including but not limited to, calls placed to my cellular phone using an automated dialing service, calls using prerecorded messages and/or SMS text messages, regarding any past, current or future financial or academic record (or critical college business) held by BHCC and its agents. I consent to all forms of contact, even if I will be charged by my service provider(s) for receiving such communications.
Authorization to Disclose Information
I understand that Federal privacy laws prohibit the disclosure of personal financial information without your explicit authorization. I must complete and sign an authorization to disclose information form available on the BHCC website and on the Student Payment office portal before we can release and/or discuss all information relating to my student account (institutional charges, financial aid credits and disbursements, payments, etc.) with the individual(s) named in this document. In the event damages should occur due to the release of such information, I agree to hold BHCC harmless. The document will remain in effect until revoked by you in writing.