Frequently Asked Questions

This form is intended to assist you or your parents in the preparation of your federal income tax return. The College sends them out to assist you in preparing your taxes and reports the information to the Internal Revenue Service. Your accountant, tax preparer, or the Internal Revenue Service ( can best advise you in the utilization of this form when preparing your taxes.

BHCC is not required to file Form 1098-T or furnish a statement for:

  • Non-credit program courses for which no academic credit is offered, even if the student is otherwise enrolled in a degree program.

  • Nonresident alien students unless requested by the student. Students may email his/her request to or you may call (617) 228-2150. Please be sure to provide us with your full name and Student Identification number so that we may access your account.

  • Students whose qualified tuition and related expenses are entirely waived or paid entirely with scholarships Federal grants (PELL, SEOG, etc.) and state grants such as Massachusetts cash grants.

  • Students whose qualified tuition and related expenses are covered by a formal billing arrangement between BHCC and the student's employer or a government entity, such as the Department of Veterans' Affairs, Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission, AmeriCorps, etc..

BHCC is required annually to furnish you with a Form 1098-T, Tuition Statement, which reports qualified tuition and related expenses associated with your enrollment at BHCC. In order for us to prepare the forms accurately, Federal law requires you to furnish us with your correct taxpayer identification number (TIN). Generally, this number will be your Social Security Number (SSN) or, if you are not eligible to obtain an SSN, you must obtain an individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN) from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and provide that number to us.

If you did not provide this information upon enrollment or admissions you must provide it on the IRS Form W-9S available from this link: . Failure to furnish your correct TIN may result in the IRS assessing you a $50 penalty.

Return the completed Form W-9S in person to either the Enrollment center or the Student Payment Office located at the Charlestown Campus on the second floor lobby in the B Building.

Or mail to:
Bunker Hill Community College
Room B203
250 New Rutherford Avenue
Boston, MA 02129

BHCC generates thousands of 1098-T forms each year. Each form must be postmarked (if mailed) by January 31. You could receive yours prior to the deadline by doing the following:

1) Log into

2) Click Students

3) Under Financial Information, click the link: 1098T Tax Forms

4) Go to: Click here to retrieve your login credentials.

5) If you entered the correct information, ECSI will provide your login credentials such as: Login ID and Password:

  1. Click on Login Page
  2. Click on Tax Information
  3. “Below are the tax documents available for your account”.
  4. You can print your 1098Tax form
  5. The school’s code is GL.

    It will be mailed to your address listed in your BHCC student profile. The “Preferred” address is our first choice. If you changed your address, please update your address at Enrollment Services.

    NO. The fastest way to obtain your 1098-T information is to refer to the question (Where can I find my 1098-T online?). Follow the instructions to get a copy of your form.

    Your billed tuition and qualified fees. Your scholarships or grants, or third party payments administered by the College.

    It is a calculation of your total billed tuition and qualified fees for the spring, summer, and fall.

    Per IRS regulations, institutions may choose to report payments received in Box 1 or amounts billed for Tuition and Fees in Box 2. BHCC reports the amounts billed in Box 2.

    The total amount of any scholarships or grants administered and processed by BHCC during the calendar year, for the payment of the student’s cost of attendance (which includes non-qualified expenses such as books, room and board).

    Scholarships and grants include payments received from 3rd parties (excluding family members and loan proceeds). This includes payments received from governmental and private entities such as an employer, the Department of Defense, civic and religious organizations, and nonprofit entities.

    As required by FERPA (Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act of 1974), Bunker Hill Community College and its personnel cannot provide this information directly to parents, other persons who may claim the student as a dependent, or a third party. If you are claimed as a dependent on another person's tax return (such as your parent's return), you are responsible for providing them with the information. For additional information on FERPA, please visit the following website:

    Follow the instructions for the question (When will my 1098-T be mailed to me?)

    It provides you and your tax preparer with information on amounts which may reduce your tax liability.

    Consult your accountant, tax preparer, or Internal Revenue Service ( on which amounts you can include for tax purposes.

    Consult your accountant, tax preparer, or the Internal Revenue Service ( for that information.

    You may access your statement by logging into your Web Advisor Account by clicking account statement by term.

    Please contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) at 1-800-829-1040 or consult a personal tax advisor for further information relating to your eligibility for and/or calculation of these tax credits.