Using Career Coach, a free online resource, students can complete an assessment to see what careers are related to their strengths, interests and values, see what BHCC programs match their career goals, and explore different career pathways based on their BHCC Program of Study.
Career Coach allows students to build their knowledge of common work activities, essential skills, required educational level and salary data related to their career of interest.
Students can attend Career Advising 101- Career Exploration to learn about the Career Planning Process, be introduced to Career Coach, and complete a career assessment. Students can also use the videos in the drop down menus below for additional support.
Step 1: Self-Knowledge
Students should consider the questions below when taking assessments:
- What are my personal values and skills?
- What are my interests?
- What are my strengths or areas I need to develop?
- What motivates me?
- What kind of lifestyle do I want?
- What career fields/occupations from my results match my preferences?
- How does this career/major reflect my interests?
- Why is working in this field important to me?
- Why would I want to work in this career field?
- Are my values consistent with my career goals?
Step 2: Exploration
- How can I work towards this major/career at Bunker Hill Community College?
- Will I need to transfer to another school to continue my education/training?
- What level of education (degree, certification, license) is required for this career?
- How can I learn more about the requirements for this career?
- What type of jobs would be available for me with this major/career?
- What are the skills necessary for this career?