Computer Science Transfer Option
Associate in Science Science, Engineering and Mathematics - Computer Science
Upon Completion of this Concentration Graduates will be able to:
Computer Science Concepts -
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the concepts, terminology, and term definitions associated with Computer Science, including basic computer architecture and organization.
Computer Science Software -
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the discipline's specific Integrated
- Development Environments, software utilities, and computer platforms which can be used in the development of software.
Computer Software Development -
- Design, plan, develop, and produce complete computer software from start to finish with all stages of the development process clearly identified.
- Create software in Object Oriented Languages
- Computer Science Teams -
- Participate in multi-cultural teams and team projects as a contributing member with the requirement to be an active and supportive team member.
Computer Software Quality and Assurance -
- Analyze Worst and Best case for algorithm performance
- Design and implement software test plans, including Unit and Integration testing
- Reporting and Presenting Software Solutions -
- Write formal report of software solutions
- Present software solutions using diverse modalities (PowerPoint, Video, etc.)
- Provide and receive constructive and critical feedback
- Create software Requirements and Design Documents
- Create software program documentation
The CS Transfer Option degree prepares students to transfer to four-year college Computer Science (CS) Programs across the United States and also prepares them for well-paid entry level careers and internships as computer scientists and programmers.