Fire Protection and Safety Certificate Program
Certificate Professional Studies - Criminal Justice and Public Safety
Upon Completion of this Concentration Graduates will be able to:
- Understand the principles of fire protection and safety.
- Demonstrate preparedness to be a fire company officer.
- Understand the principles of arson investigation (see FPS209).
- Demonstrate familiarity with inspections for fire prevention.
- Demonstrate preparedness to take promotional civil service fire exams.
Graduates of this program qualify for careers in municipal, state and federal agencies, industry, and insurance companies. Graduates also qualify to transfer to the two-year Associate in Science Degree: Fire Protection and Safety. This program also prepares fire fighters who wish to upgrade their career status.