BHCC is pleasured to collaborate with Red Hat to offer the Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) program.
There are two main courses in the program:
Red Hat System Administration I
Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) is designed for IT professionals without previous Linux system administration experience. The course provides students with Linux administration competence by focusing on core administration tasks. This course also provides a foundation for students who plan to become full-time Linux system administrators by introducing key command-line concepts and enterprise-level tools.
Red Hat System Administration II
Red Hat System Administration II serves as the second part of the RHCSA training track for IT professionals who have taken Red Hat System Administration I . The course goes deeper into core Linux system administration skills in storage configuration and management, installation and deployment of Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®, management of security features such as SELinux, control of recurring system tasks, management of the boot process and troubleshooting, basic system tuning, and command-line automation and productivity. .
This course series prepares students to sit for the RHCSA certification exam, and for a career as a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA). This course teaches students about the Red Hat Enterprise Linux environment, procedures, processes, commands and tools needed to become a RHEL systems administrator. Students learn the essentials of creating and securing networks and network services, keeping files secure and organized, creating and overseeing users and groups, and how to attach and configure a workstation on an existing network, as well as set up, configure and troubleshoot Red Hat Linux Enterprise servers.
Who this program is for
- students who have foundation in information technology and are planning to become a technical professionals using Linux
- IT professionals who are on the path to earn RHCE certification
- Students who want a fast track course in order to pass the RHCSA certification exam
- Experienced Linux system administrators who require a certification either by their organization or based on a mandate
Students who complete this program will be prepared for the Red Hat Certified System Administrator exam.
Requirements for Successful Completion of this Program
- Attendance 90% or above
- Demonstrate an understanding of at least 80% of the course material taught.
Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator exam
The performance-based Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) exam (EX200) tests your knowledge in areas of system administration common across a wide range of environments and deployment scenarios.
By passing this exam, you become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator.
Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator Certification
A Red Hat® Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) is able to perform the following tasks:
- Understand and use essential tools for handling files, directories, command-line environments, and documentation
- Create simple shell scripts
- Operate running systems, including booting into different run levels, identifying processes, starting and stopping virtual machines, and controlling services
- Configure local storage using partitions and logical volumes
- Create and configure file systems and file system attributes, such as permissions, encryption, access control lists, and network file systems
- Deploy, configure, and maintain systems, including software installation, update, and core services
- Manage users and groups
- Manage security, including basic firewall and SELinux configuration
- Perform basic container management
With RHCSA certification, students qualify for entry-level to mid-level positions that include: Red Hat Certified System Administrator, RHCSA Linux Administrator, IT Specialist-Systems Administrator, Systems Engineer.
- The program starts October 4, 2023 and ends November 3, 2023.
- Classes are on Wednesdays and Friday at 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Synchronous – remote