BHCC believes that everyone has the right to quality health care that is culturally sensitive and growth promoting. The Health Services Office provides assistance with minor injuries, common illnesses, health education, and health referrals for the College community. Information and assistance with multi-cultural health concerns and educational materials are available. Walk-in assistance is available during clinic hours only.
Individuals with continuing medical problems such as seizure disorders, asthma, heart disease, pregnancy and other conditions who may need care while on campus should notify the Health Services Office early in the semester. If you contact the Health Services Office regarding continuing medical problems, please include a list of your current medications, emergency contact person’s name and phone number and any drug allergies.
Health Promotion and Public Health Programs
Awareness and responsible action are necessary components to maintain maximum health. To encourage people to be responsible for their own health, the Health Services Office provides, a number of health promotion and public health programs including:
- Information on substance abuse, Hepatitis B, HIV/AIDS awareness
- Health prevention information on all health-related topics such as cardiovascular health, domestic violence, cancer, smoking cessation, exercise, and nutrition
- Adult immunization referral
- Blood pressure screening
- Men’s health issues counseling and referral
- Nutrition counseling and referral
- HIV/AIDS prevention
- STD counseling and referral
- Tuberculosis testing referral
- Wellness promotion
- Women’s health issues counseling and referral
- Other employee health/injury concerns
All Health Services contact is confidential.