Welcome to the Nurse Education Department
The Nurse Education Department at Bunker Hill Community College offers a five (5) semester Associate in Science degree program with day/evening/alternate options that prepares students to take the licensure examination to become registered nurses.
Application Submission Dates
Spring 2018: July 10, 2017 – October 13, 2017
Fall 2018: October 2, 2017 – February 16, 2018
Office Hours to Submit Supporting Documents:
Monday - Thursday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Friday: 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Complete the BHCC application online. Submit proof of high school completion (or its equivalency) by uploading one of the items below:
- A copy of high school transcript or diploma
- A copy of passing GED or HiSET results
- After completing the application, please submit prerequisite documents to the Admissions Office.
- Attend a mandatory information session.
Prerequisites for the Registered Nursing Program
- Attach a copy of MANDATORY information session confirmation
- Complete the following courses with a grade of C or better and submit an unofficial or official transcript*:
- One year of high school chemistry with lab OR one semester of college chemistry with lab
- MAT 097 Fundamentals of Algebra or placement above MAT 097
- BIO 203 Anatomy and Physiology I with Lab (Credits for Anatomy and Physiology/Lab that were earned more than five (5) years prior to enrollment in the nursing program are not accepted)
- ENG 111 College Writing I with a grade of C or better
- Complete TEAS VI exam by February 16, 2018
- Please visit http://www.atitesting.com to register. You will need to create an account to register for and complete the exam. Applicants are not required to take the TEAS test at BHCC; you may register for any location. The test is designated as TEAS Nursing.
- If an applicant has taken the TEAS VI test twice within a 12 month period prior to application, the highest scores on the same TEAS VI admission test will be used for admission decisions. A maximum of 2 tests taken during the 12 month period will be reviewed. If staff is provided with more than 2 within the 12 month period, only the 2 latest will be considered.
- Applicants must score at least 60 percent on all sections which are Reading, Math, Science and English to be considered for the nursing program
- Physical examination within one year
- Completion of health clearance ( one month prior to semester start)
* Applicants who submit unofficial transcripts will need to request an official transcript to receive transfer credits