Career Advising Appointments
Career Advisors help students determine the Bunker Hill Community College Program of Study that’s right for them, by guiding students as they explore and map their long term educational and career goals. Career Advisors assist students in connecting careers to their abilities, interests, and goals and support students as they do in-depth research about career pathways connected to their program of choice.
Students have access to free career assessment and exploration tools through Career Coach and MassHire CIS. After completing career assessment, students should meet with a Career Advisor to discuss their results. During a career advising appointment, students can also learn how to research what day to day duties might be included in their chosen field, what skills or training will be necessary for their career, and future employment trends.
We recommend students visit our Internships and Career Development Office if they are looking for on-campus or off-campus jobs, considering internship opportunities, or want to plan for the job search after graduation.
Please use the drop down menu below to make an appointment.
During career advising appointments students will be able to:
- Discuss career and educational pathways
- Determine an appropriate program of study for their career goals
- Review self-assessment results
- Research education requirements for future occupations
- Understand common work activities and responsibilities
- Plan for next steps after BHCC
- Identify additional career resources