BELL offerings are non-credit courses intended for students with limited knowledge of the English language who wish to improve their skills.
If your goal is to earn to advance at work, start to improve your English skills, or pursue a certificate or degree at Bunker Hill Community College in the future, the Basic English Language Learning program is for you!
Visit Admissions and Recruitment for pre-enrollment counseling.
- Step 1: Complete a BHCC Guest application. If you need assistance with this, visit Student Central in Charlestown.
- Step 2: Complete the ELL Guided Self-Placement (GSP) survey in the Assessment Center. You can also take it from home with your BHCC ID (received in your Acceptance Letter approximately 48 hours after applying).
We have many English language learning programs at BHCC. This is an important survey to help you confirm which English Language program is right for you based on your current English level.
If you self-select BELL or the GSP recommends you for placement into BELL classes, continue to Steps 3 and 4.
- Step 3: Go to the Assessment Center in person or schedule your placement test through this link. Choose the BELL Assessment.
- Step 4: Use your test result to self-register for your English level at the appropriate link below once the links are available. Click here for placement reference.
You can also visit the Chelsea campus (70 Everett Ave. Chelsea, 3rd Floor) for assistance with registering for your class after completing the above steps. In Charlestown, Student Central can guide you to a kiosk where you can self-register.
If you have questions about registering, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If you need to speak with a Workforce advisor, please e-mail email@example.com.
Refund policy: All refunds are subject to a 3% administrative processing fee
- Prior to class start and up to 3 days after class start: Full refund minus 3% administrative processing fee.
- After class start: No refund. Seat transfer only.