Basic English Language Learning (BELL) Classes
Vaccination is required for all Fall 2022 on campus classes. Please email your vaccination card to firstname.lastname@example.org before class start.
BELL offerings are non-credit courses intended for students with limited knowledge of the English language who wish to improve their skills.
If your goal is to earn a certificate or degree at Bunker Hill Community College, to advance at work or just start to improve your English skills, the Basic English Language Learning program is for you!
How to Register
If you are a new English Language Learner at the college, and want to figure out the best English language program for you, you should follow the steps below.
- Step 1: Create a new account in our system here: Register for a WFED account here. This account will be used to create a student ID for you. You need this number to complete Steps 2 and 4. On the page, click the “Create Account” button at the bottom. **If you already have a BHCC ID from the college, skip this step and go to Step 2.**
- Step 2: When you create your account, we will send you your student ID number. Use your ID number to complete the ELL Guided Self-Placement (GSP). This survey will tell you which English Language program is right for you based on your proficiency level.
If you self-select BELL or the GSP recommends you for placement into BELL classes, continue to Steps 3 and 4.
- Step 3: Schedule your placement test through the Assessment Center. Choose the BELL Assessment.
- Step 4: Use your test result to self-register for your English level at the appropriate link below. Click here for placement reference.
If you have questions about registering, contact Sonia Sharma at 617-226-2462 for more information.
Please note: In response to the COVID-19 situation, all the BELL courses will be taught online.
Refund policy: All refunds are subject to a 3% administrative processing fee
- Prior to class start and up to 3 days after class start: Full refund minus 3% administrative processing fee.
- After class start: No refund. Seat transfer only.