Course Delivery Options
To ensure the health and safety of all students, faculty and staff, fall 2021 classes will be taught through a few different course types as described below.
Certain courses that cannot be completed remotely will be held face-to-face following strict safety protocols. These include nursing and science labs as well as culinary arts classes. Please note, any classes with an on-campus class component are delayed until March.
Beginning March 30, register for your summer and fall classes to get the schedule you need.
- To register or view the course catalog, visit MyBHCC or Self-Service
- Learn more about the College’s campus reopening.
- Course Schedule for Summer Session I
- Course Schedule for Summer Session II
- Course Schedule for the Fall 2021 Term
Things You Need to Know
- Your BHCC email is the official way you receive information from faculty and staff members. Please read your emails at least once a day so you are up-to-date.
- Courses are mostly taught using one of the formats listed below. You do not have to come to campus for your courses unless you are in some health profession courses, science labs or culinary arts classes. You will need a computer, tablet or mobile phone plus internet access to take your courses.
- MOODLE: Moodle is the online learning management system where most of your faculty members for courses post the requirements, assignments, and materials plus faculty contact information for each course. (For example, if you are taking 4 courses you will have 4 Moodle locations. This is the link that takes you to a sign-in page to enter Moodle: https://online.bhcc.edu/ Learn How to Use Moodle.
- WEBEX is the official online platform used by most faculty members teaching your courses. It is a video-conferencing platform, similar to Zoom. Students will meet via video, in “real-time” with their professors and classmates. Faculty may also use other videoconferencing platforms, such as Zoom and/or Google Meet. Here’s how you can get started with WebEx, Zoom, and/or Google Meet:
- Your professor will send you a Website link to the platform that they are using to teach the course (e.g. WebEx, Zoom, or Google).
- You just copy and paste the class Webex, Zoom or Google Meet link into your computer browser when connected to the internet.
- If you are using a computer, for some platforms, you may need to download an app to your Web browser, so that you can connect to the platform.
- If you are using your mobile phone, there are also phone apps you can download for access to WEBEX, Zoom, and Google Meet. Internet access is required to use each phone app. The Internet may be accessed via WIFI or your phone’s data plan (check to ensure that you have unlimited data so you do not rack up additional charges.)
TIP: You can enter the appropriate link for each class in your calendar on the dates and times of each class. Then you can just click on the website link from your phone or computer calendar to enter the class when connected to the internet.
How Will My Courses Be Taught?
How courses are taught and coded is outlined below. Here are two definitions to assist you in interpreting the chart you find under these terms:
- Synchronous: You will learn online with your instructor and classmates on a specific date and time each week at the same virtual location such as on Webex, Zoom or other video platforms. You can ask questions in real time and meet virtually face-to-face.
- Asynchronous: You will not meet with your instructor and classmates at a specific date and time each week. You will develop your own schedule and follow the course syllabus that outlines all assignment due dates.
|Course Delivery||Meeting Type||Description|
|No On-Campus Classes|
|Video-Conference Meetings||This class will not meet face-to-face on campus. It will meet remotely during the scheduled times listed. Course materials will be online.|
Remote & Asynchronous
|Optional Video-Conference Meetings||This class will not meet face-to-face on campus or remotely. Students will complete coursework according to the syllabus provided by the instructor. Course materials will be online.|
|Video-Conference Meetings||This class will not meet face-to-face on campus. It will meet remotely online during the scheduled times listed. In addition to remote class meetings, students will complete coursework according to the syllabus provided by the instructor.|
|No Meetings||This class will not meet face-to-face on campus or remotely at a scheduled time. Students will complete coursework according to the syllabus provided by the instructor. Course materials will be online.|
|Some On Campus Class Time Face-to-Face|
|On Campus & Video-Conference Meetings||This class will meet face-to-face on campus and will also meet remotely during the scheduled times listed. Course materials will be online.|
|On Campus Lab & Video-Conference Meetings||This class will meet face-to-face on campus for lab and remotely for lecture during the scheduled times listed. Course materials will be online. Students should come to campus prepared for lab work.|
|Partial On Campus||This class will meet face-to-face on campus during the scheduled times listed. In addition to class meetings, students will participate in coursework independently.|