Applying to BHCC

Applying to Bunker Hill Community College for Veterans, Active Duty Military, Guard/Reserves and Dependents

We encourage all Service members to speak with their Educational Services Officer (ESO) or counselor within their Military Service branch about applying to the college prior to enrolling to BHCC.

  • Apply to the college online
  • Submit your high school/GED, college and/or military transcripts to:

    Bunker Hill Community College
    (ATTN: Admissions)
    250 New Rutherford Avenue
    Boston, Massachusetts 02129

  • Prepare and take the placement test at the Assessment Center.
  • Plan and select your courses
    • LifeMap Advising & Registration Sessions, or
    • Schedule an appointment for Advising in the Veterans Center
  • Review benefit options, apply for VA, DOD, or related programs
  • Complete your FAFSA and review Financial Aid options
  • Financial Aid videos on Veterans benefits (select Veterans as a category)
  • Attend the Veterans Welcome event to get all your final benefit and college questions answered, call 617-228-3213 for more info

Please review the information on this page. All students are encouraged to work with the Veterans Center staff before the application process to ensure a smooth transition as well as to discuss their educational benefits. 

Students who wish to apply for educational benefits must contact the VA Certifying Official in the Veterans Center. Students receiving educational benefits are required to attend classes and maintain satisfactory academic progress in order to continue receiving education benefits. Furthermore, students must notify the Veterans Center of any changes made to their enrollment status.

*Bunker Hill Community College does not receive or offer any incentive for enrollments or federal financial aid (including Tuition Assistance funds) to any persons or entities engaged in any student recruiting, admission activities, or making decisions regarding the award of student financial assistance.

* BHCC does not utilize high-pressure recruitment tactics such as making multiple unsolicited contacts (3 or more), including contacts by phone, email, or in-person, or engage in same-day recruitment and registration for the purpose of securing Service member enrollments.

Make sure you bring in the following documents:

  • DD-214 #4 copy (member 4)
  • High School Diploma/ GED
  • Two forms of ID
  • Tuition Assistance Certificate (if applicable)
  • Certificate of Eligibility:
    • VA Award letter, or
    • Proof of GI Bill® funds

All students are encouraged to send their Joint Services or CCAF transcripts to the college for review during the admissions process.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at

Contact and Hours

Veterans Office
Charlestown Campus, N-116
Office: 617-228-3213  |  SMS: 781-217-6006
Fax: 617-228-3212 |  Email:


Monday – Thursday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.

Fridays: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.  

Veterans Center Staff
Stephen Roy, Veterans School Certifying Official  |  617-228-2236

V.E.T. Student Liaisons: Veterans Education Transition (VET) Liaisons are current Student-Veterans or eligible dependents that assist in monitoring our Veterans Center. They can assist with general questions relating to the college.