Transfer Pathways from BHCC to UMass Boston
Transfer to UMass Boston in 6 Steps
- Meet with an advisor to discuss your academic goals and determine a major or pathway:
- Make a virtual Appointment
- Advisors are also available on campus on a walk-in basis at the Charlestown campus E235 (Monday-Thursday 9 a.m.- 6 p.m. and Friday 12-4 p.m.)
- Register for and Attend a Transfer 101 Workshop
- Sign up for a UMass Boston Transfer Application Day at BHCC where you can get help filling out the application and have your essays and fees waived OR Schedule an appointment with Zinkenyu D Knight, UMass Boston Transfer Enrollment Counselor for BHCC students
- Submit a UMass Boston Application
- Submit your official transcripts to UMass Boston electronically using the National Student Clearinghouse. Select UMass Boston Undergraduate Admissions as the destination.
- Complete FAFSA and add UMass Boston to application. For more information on financial aid at UMB, see Cost and Aid for transfer students.
Note: Students who complete an Associate’s degree with a cumulative gpa of 3.0 gpa and enroll at UMass Boston within one year of completion are eligible for a Mass Transfer Tuition Credit of up to $1,714 per year for two years. (Credit is only applicable to daytime classes)
Transfer Application Deadlines
|Transfer Application Deadlines|
|Fall Semester (Domestic)||June 15|
|Spring Semester||December 15|
|Traditional Nursing Program*||Spring Start - November 1
Fall Start - March 1
Summer Start - February 1
*TEAS exam scores are not required for traditional or accelerated nursing applicants. Both programs are "TEAS Optional." Students who would like their TEAS scores considered are welcome to submit them; we recommend a 75 or higher on each section if submitting scores.
Transferring Credits to Umass Boston
Curious how your credits will transfer to UMass Boston?
- Create a free account with Transferology and get access to the course database.
- Search to see what classes are eligible to transfer from BHCC to UMass Boston.
- Run a degree audit to see what courses are required for your major of choice.
- Note: these results are unofficial. Admitted students will be provided an official transfer credit evaluation upon admission.
Transferology Video Guides
- Get Started with Transferology for Free - See How Your Courses Will Transfer to UMass Boston
- Plan Ahead - Determine What Courses to Take Now that Transfer to UMass Boston
- Match Your Prior Coursework to a UMass Boston Program
Transfer Pathways to UMass Boston
The best way to maximize your transfer of credits to Umass Boston is to complete a pathway.
- Mass Transfer:
- Visit Mass Transfer to see other majors that transfer directly from BHCC to UMass Boston.
- Liberal Arts majors interested in Psychology are encouraged to follow one of these pathways:
- Students who have graduated from BHCC’s Associate’s in Nursing are eligible to complete their BSN at UMass Boston through the RN to BSN Articulation Agreement