Transfer Students

Students who have previously completed English or math coursework (minimum of 3 credits) with a final grade of C or higher at a regionally accredited college or university do not need to complete placement requirement. Students who have completed English language learning courses only should complete the Guided Self-Placement for English.

Students who hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United State are exempt from English and math placement testing.

Students who hold a bachelor’s degree from a country outside of the United States are exempt from math placement testing. Students may also be exempt from English placement testing if they completed a bachelor’s degree from one of the approved English-speaking countries: Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Canada, Grenada, (British) Guyana, Jamaica, Kenya, New Zealand, Nigeria, United Kingdom, St. Kitts & Nevis, South Africa, Trinidad and Tobago, and Zimbabwe.

For testing exemptions for previous college or university coursework, please email a copy of your unofficial transcript to using your BHCC student email and include your BHCC student ID number.

Note that students may opt to take a math assessment for a higher placement.