Housing Assistance

Are you struggling with Rent or Mortgage Payments?

The Commonwealth of Massachusetts has resources available for individuals and families struggling to make rent or mortgage payments.

There are eviction protections and financial programs available to help.

If you need help paying your housing costs, visit mass.gov/guides/facing-eviction-we-can-help.

If you are a TENANT and need to defend yourself against eviction filed by your LANDLORD:

  1. Visit the Massachusetts Defense for Eviction (MADE) website, an online guided interview that helps tenants create their own answer and request for discovery.

TENANTS and LANDLORDS who owe rent or mortgage should apply under the RAFT/ERMA program for up to $10,000 at the Metro Housing Boston, 1411 Tremont Street, Boston, MA 02120. 

Assistance contacts 

Additional Housing Resources

Bunker Hill Community College Single Stop does not endorse these housing options. The information provided is for general information purposes. Students are responsible for their own contractual arrangements for housing. 

Some of these resources require a referral. Single Stop is recognized as a referral partner.

More Housing Resources 

Contact and Hours

Kathleen B. O'Neill, Ed.D., Director
SPOC for Food Insecure and Homeless Students
Charlestown Campus, Room N113B

Kristine Doherty, M.Ed., Academic Counselor/Coordinator
Email: kelarkin@bhcc.edu

Jean-Dany Joachim, Administrative Assistant II
Email: jjoachim@bhcc.edu

On Campus Office Hours
Monday - Friday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.

617-228-3330  |  singlestop@bhcc.edu  
WebEx: https://bhcc.webex.com/meet/singlestop
Text with Single Stop at 781-355-9556