Apply for Financial Aid
At Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC), the Financial Aid Office is committed to assisting students and their families meet the costs of a college education. BHCC participates in a wide variety of federal, state, and private financial aid programs.
Steps to Receive Financial Aid
Step One: Applying for Financial Aid
- Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) using BHCC’s school code of 011210 by visiting studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa
- Within 5 business days, you will be notified in writing if you need to submit additional documents such as your IRS tax transcript. You can also check if you need to submit additional documents by logging on to https://selfservice.bhcc.edu/Student/ and clicking on the Financial Aid tab.
- Turn all your required documents before the Priority Deadlines. You can upload your documents in BHCCselfservice or in person in Student Central.
Step Two: Reviewing & Understanding your Financial Aid Award
- Once your financial aid file is completed and a counselor reviews it, your will receive an email notifying you that your financial aid award letter is ready.
- Log onto https://selfservice.bhcc.edu to review and accept your aid.
- Your financial aid is awarded based on full-time enrollment. Please note that if you enroll in less than 12 credits, your financial aid will likely be adjusted.
Step Three: Receiving your Financial Aid
- Your actual financial aid dollars will be credited to your account during the middle of the semester after your enrollment level has been verified, book charges have been added to your account and all NA grades have been reported by your professors. This generally happens in late October for fall semester and in early April for the spring semester.
Step Four: Maintaining Financial Aid Eligibility
- File a FAFSA every year. A FAFSA needs to be completed annually in order to continue to receive federal financial aid.
- You must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) on a yearly basis to continue to be eligible for financial aid. You can find SAP information on the Issues That May Affect Your Financial Aid page.
Financial Aid Dates to Remember for students taking classes in January 2024
Priority 1 Deadline
Your 2023-2024 FAFSA and financial aid file should be complete by October 15, 2023 to prepare for on time registration.
Priority 2 Deadline
To receive notification of your financial aid award before the Spring 2024 bill due date, your financial aid file must be complete by November 21, 2023.
Priority 3 Deadline
To receive notification of your financial aid award before the first day of Spring 2024 classes, your financial aid file must be complete by January 8, 2024.
Please be sure to complete BOTH the 2022-2023 and 2023-2024 FAFSA at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa. BHCC’s school code is 011210 and must be included on your FAFSA for our office to receive your information. It takes 3-5 business days for BHCC to receive your FAFSA information once you have filed. It can take up to three weeks for your financial aid file to be reviewed once your file is complete.