It’s never too early to start thinking about an internship. These temporary work experiences are a great opportunity for you to explore career options and gain relevant, real-world work experience while also earning academic credit.
While many students come to BHCC straight out of high school, the average age of our students is 26 years old. Whether you are starting out in your career, or you have extensive work and life experience and are looking to steer your career in a new direction, completing an internship is a tremendous step in your continued career development. BHCC students also have rich experience to offer employers. We expect our students to bring their cultural strength, diversity of thought and opinion, and academic preparation to their internship sites, and contribute meaningfully to their workplaces on many fronts.
BHCC offers a variety of internship opportunities for students. The Office of Internships and Career Development is here to support students through the internship search, application, and interview process and serves as a resource throughout the internship experience.
Reasons to participate in the Internship program
- Build upon the skills you have learned in the classroom
- Get the hands-on experience you need to be marketable in your field of study
- Work on challenging assignments and receive mentoring from a qualified professional
- Expand your knowledge of career options and begin to establish your own professional connections
- Earn academic credit while you grow professionally
Connect with a member of the Internships and Career Development team to learn more about our internship programs.