The Office of Internships and Career Development at Bunker Hill Community College connects and develops the diverse abilities, knowledge, and experience of the student population with internships and career opportunities in the Greater Boston community. The office collaborates with faculty, staff, and employers to bridge the student’s academic and workplace knowledge to become career-confident citizens in a global work environment.
Internships and Career Development staff can meet with students to:
- Discuss how an internship can fit into their academic plan
- Explore internship opportunities and provide internship search strategy support
- Connect students with paid internship opportunities through the Learn and Earn program
- Support resume and cover letter development
- Conduct mock interviews to help students prepare for formal interviews
- Advise and provide coaching during and after the internship experience
- Help students connect what they are doing and learning in their internship with the next steps in their career development
The Office of Internships and Career Development also hosts employer events, on-campus recruiting, and career readiness workshops.
BHCC’s exclusive online career portal is Handshake, where students can search and apply for internships, jobs, and volunteer opportunities by logging in with their BHCC credentials.