College Ready? Navigate your path from high school to college with TRiO Talent Search at BHCC
The TRiO Talent Search Program at Chelsea High School, Wright Science and Technology Academy, and Browne Middle School is designed to prepare middle and high school students for college. Hosted by Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC), the program is 100% funded by the U.S. Department of Education.
TRiO Talent Search serves 550 Chelsea Public School students each year in encouraging them to graduate from high school and continue on to complete their postsecondary education. 95% of students that participate in the program persist to the next grade level or graduate from the high school.
2023 Program Highlights
- This summer, our students visited 11 colleges and the tech company Google.
- During the school year, we visited two colleges per semester.
TRiO Talent Search Program Services
- Academic Support – Tutoring, Academic Advising, Summer Programming, Mentorship, High School Success Skills
- Career Exploration & Guidance
- College Exposure – Tours, Visits, Workshops
- Financial Aid Counseling – FAFSA Application Assistance, Scholarship Completion, Resource Awareness
- Admissions Counseling & College Application Assistance
- Parent Involvement & Cultural Events and Programs
Eligibility for TRiO Talent Search includes:
- Students 6th grade & up with a desire to pursue postsecondary education
- Legal Resident of the United States (Citizen, Perm. Res., Refugee Asylum Status-194)
- Students who are Secondary and Enrolled in identified Chelsea Public Schools or Postsecondary discontinued and require assistance enrolling in postsecondary education