BHCC Child Care Scholarship
Financial assistance is available to students who are parents of children under the age of 6 years who require it to help pay child care expenses.
Amount: $1,000 each for the Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 Semesters
Eligibility: Students must be matriculated in a degree program at BHCC and enrolled in at least six credit hours. Student must also demonstrate financial need.
Requests will be processed as they are received from eligible student parents on a first-come, first-served basis. Only 40 awards can be made.
To apply: https://bhccscholarships.awardspring.com/
Some of these resources require a referral. Single Stop is recognized as a referral partner.
- United Way- In collaboration with the Department of Public Health, United Way’s Mass 2-1-1 statewide consumer hotline will continue to provide consumer help during the COVID-19 public health emergency.
The Single Stop Office has information about the availability of emergency childcare. In addition, emergency assistance funds may be requested to help cover the cost of childcare.
- ABCD - 617-567-8855
- ABCD Head Start - 781-397-8071
- Child Care Choices of Boston - 617-542-5437
- Child Care Circuit - 978-686-4288 - Financial assistance to eligible families seeking care at early education and care or out of school time programs
- Child Care Financial Assistance - 877-211-6277
- Massachusetts Child Care Resource and Referral agencies
- Department of Transitional Assistance (DTA) - 800-249-2007 - Contact your DTA caseworker for eligibility
- Dorchester Head Start - 617-929-6200
- Family Aid of Boston - 617-542-7286
- Harriet Tubman House - 617-536-8610
- Healthy Families (A Children’s Trust Program) - Community-based pregnancy and parenting resources
- Income Eligible Child Care - 617-988-6600 - Subsidized child care for low-income working families
- Room To Grow - 617-859-4545 - Support for low-income families with babies newborn to age three
- Shattuck Child Care Center - 617-942-2018 | email@example.com - Child care for children ages 15 months to 6 years old
- Sitters for Scholars - Free and low-cost evening babysitting services for low-income parents attending college
- United South End Settlements - 617-375-8150 - Child care for children ages 3 months through 5 years
- YWCA - 617-585-5400 - firstname.lastname@example.org