Students can complete career assessments and self-assessments to learn more about themselves. These assessments help students connect their interests, strengths and values with potential career pathways. The results of the assessments are different for each student, since the results based on their individual strengths, goals, and interests.
Advising & LifeMap provides students access to career resources where they can assess and do career research.
Guided Questions for Self-Assessment
Making informed decisions involves self-reflection. Students should consider these questions during the self-assessment process:
- What are my personal values and skills?
- What are my interests?
- What are my strengths or areas I need to develop?
- What motivates me?
- What kind of lifestyle do I want?
- What career fields/occupations from my results match my preferences?
- How does this career/major reflect my interests?
- Why is working in this field important to me?
- Why would I want to work in this career field?
- Are my values consistent with my career goals?