Learn How to Better Manage Virtually Any Project Scenario with a Proven Methodology
Project Success Method -- Methodology
For over 38 years, techniques learned from the proprietary Project Success Method have helped teams dramatically improve their project performance through:
- Formal detailing of project requirements,
- Collaborative development of project plans, and
- Successful project execution through an accountable control process.
The Project Success Method offers the best of both worlds. It is a blend of traditional waterfall project management and the Agile approach, enabling teams to move quickly while ensuring their customers have a delivery date they can trust.
The powerful and practical hands-on methodology can be learned in our 18 ½ hour class and applied immediately upon completion.
The Project Success Method requires no project management or Agile experience, no software tools, and no templates. The Project Success Method can be used in any business application and any project scenario. The Project Success Methodology is neither simply “academic” nor “theory”; it provides the most effective and efficient real-world process for developing, ensuring, and maintaining a consistency in approach within project teams.
The Project Success Method™ - Practitioner Certification (PSM-P)
The Practitioner Certification is the first and only practical hands-on project management certification which demonstrates your knowledge of techniques to manage any type, kind or size project scenario consistently using a proven repeatable project methodology. Start to finish!
The PSM-P is not about memorizing a book and trying to apply that knowledge to different project scenarios. This is about proving you have learned a powerful 38-year proprietary proven methodology to manage any team in any project scenario. Its actionable and about doing it, not static and trying to determine what to apply based on adapting multiple general knowledge areas.
To qualify for the PSM-P an individual must attend and successfully complete a Project Success Method class from PSI or a PSI approved college or university partner.
PLEASE NOTE - THE PROJECT SUCCESS METHOD PSM-P CERTIFICATION EXAM IS A SEPARATE REGISTRATION AND AN ADDITIONAL COST. Please visit the PSI website for more details on how to register and take the certification exam at projectsuccess.com
None. No prior project management experience, training, or certification is required.
Attend Live Instructor Led Online Classes – In Real-Time
You participate in live online classes as they are happening in real-time, from anywhere around the world with an internet connection. PSI instructors teach students in a virtual classroom: you attend these courses online. Classes include full participation, course materials, breakout sessions, demonstrations and all the same activities and content as a live in-person class.
This program is designed for:
- Individuals wanting to learn a proven, robust and repeatable methodology for managing projects.
- Certified PMP’s seeking a practical, application-oriented project management approach and/or PDUs to maintain their credential.
- Non-certified project managers who want to learn how to better foster a collaborative environment and a spirit of accountability for delivering projects.
- Agile practitioners who want to learn how to find – and leverage – schedule flexibility with a waterfall approach.
- Members of project teams and key project contributors who want to learn what should be expected from them when working within a project scenario.
- Sponsors of projects who want to make sure the team is working within an environment and with an approach that will ultimately lead to their – and the organization’s – success.
- Project management office (PMO) staff who need to understand how to better support a project manager/team and the meaning of various types of project schedule-related data.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the purposes and benefits of a common project management method.
- Specify project objectives and constraints with respect to quality, time, and cost.
- Develop management procedures to promote collaboration, coordination and cooperation among project participants with different backgrounds and priorities.
- Apply a set of proven techniques for planning, organizing, scheduling, and budgeting projects.
- Analyze the trade-offs among time, cost, and productive resources to make sound project planning and control decisions.
- Control projects toward successful completion – within specifications, on-time, and within budget.
- Understand process-related behaviors which can enhance teamwork and increase the likelihood of a project’s success.
- Use the methodology to plan, schedule, manage and successfully complete any type or size project.
- Introduction / Key Principles
- Project Chartering
- Work Breakdown Structure / Team Organization
- Precedence Network Analysis
- Activity Duration Estimating / Scheduling Calculations
- Project Duration/Cost Compression Analysis
- Overview of Project Staffing & Budgeting
- Overview of Project Control
- Conclusion & Glossary
- 2 Days (2 x 9 1/2 hours including midday lunch break)
- 8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Note: Additional schedule options (such as four half-day sessions) can be made available for groups of 10 or more.
Project Success Method-MethodologyPSM-100E
The Project Success Method (PSM) methodology is a blend of traditional waterfall project management and the Agile approach. The complete start to finish methodology enables individuals and teams to plan, schedule and manage project quickly while ensuring their customers have a delivery date they can trust.
The powerful and practical hands-on methodology can be learned in our 20 hour class and applied immediately upon completion. The methodology can be used with any software tools or templates. The PSM can be used in any business application and any project scenario. No prior project management experience, training, or certification is required. For non-certified project managers, agile practitioners, project team members and PMPs who want to learn a repeatable methodology. Remote, live instruction.
|Section||Dates||Days and Times||Instructor||Fee||Register|
|PSM-100E-F2||Nov 9 - Nov 10|
Tuesday, Wednesday at 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
(Ends Nov 5)
Use Microsoft Project in Ways You Never Thought Possible to Manage Your Projects
The Project Success Method Toolkit for Microsoft Project Class
The Project Success Toolkit is a proprietary add-on for Microsoft Project 2013/2016/2019 that augments the core functionality of Microsoft Project. Over 6200 users around the world including many in the world’s best-known companies are using the Toolkit to more efficiently and effectively manage their projects. The Toolkit enhances the scheduling functionality of Microsoft Project and allows the user to follow the Project Success Method by enabling critical path and duration-based scheduling. Additional functionality unavailable in standard copies of Microsoft Project is listed below.
This program is designed for prospective users of Microsoft Project.
Project Success Method Class strongly recommended. Note: An understanding of the Project Success Method is essential for using The Project Success Toolkit. The Toolkit was developed from the perspective of “adapting the tool to meet the needs of the methodology”, as opposed to “adapting the methodology to fit the tool”. No prior Microsoft Project experience is needed. Some proficiency with using Microsoft Windows is needed. Students must provide their own licensed copy of Microsoft Project 2013, 2016 or 2019.
Currently the class supports Microsoft Project 2013, 2016 and 2019 versions
The Project Success Toolkit includes the following features
- Calculate Schedule: Runs forward and backward pass calculations and validates schedule logic (checks for Out-of-Sequence activities, Unconnected Activities, etc.).
- Logic Checker: A troubleshooter identifies the otherwise difficult-to-trace sequence of activities that would create a forbidden “logic loop”.
- Assign and Update Resources: Supports all three Resource types (Work, Material and Cost).
- Update Tasks: In-progress activity status is captured using Estimated Finish dates or Remaining Duration instead of Percent Complete.
- Driving Path: Allows the user to find the “Critical Path” to any activity in the entire project.
- Extract & Dissolve: An “Extract” function links an activity’s predecessor(s) directly to its successor(s) but leaves it available for repositioning. A “Dissolve” function works in a similar manner but also deletes the activity.
- Group & Sort: Capability to Group and Sort activities within one tool, and automatically apply page breaks.
- Pre-formatted Task and Resource Reports: Includes two or three user-defined columns. These reports can be saved as PDF’s and do not require a PDF writer.
- Activity Update Form: Automatically export update requirements to a customizable Microsoft Excel template.
Benefits from using the Project Success Toolkit for Microsoft Project
- Accurate project schedules that align with the Project Success Method
- Ability to easily analyze the tasks that are driving key milestones.
- Track tasks based on date commitments instead of percent complete.
- Assign and manage resources without the work impacting task durations.
- Easily report project schedule information to management and team members with preformatted and customizable reports. These reports can be exported to Microsoft Office Excel or saved as a Portable Format Document (PDF).
- Resource Update Form that automatically exports to a customizable Microsoft Excel template.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
1. Understand the scope and potential applications of Microsoft Project software in the management of projects.
2. Know the deficiencies of the Microsoft Project and obtain workarounds and replacement functionality for all issues.
3. Accomplish the following tasks:
- Enter project, activity, precedence, resource, and cost data.
- Obtain a completed project network, schedule, and critical path.
- Analyze the schedule and compress project duration.
- Sort/select project information and generate a project baseline report package.
- Update schedule progress, analyze the impact, and prepare a project update report package.
- Overview advanced features of Microsoft Project.
4. Understand the functionality and operation of the Project Success Toolkit for Microsoft Project.
5. Understand the functionality and operation of WBS Schedule Pro.
Provided to Class Participants
1. Complete course notebook developed by PSI that utilizes the project planning and control techniques taught in PSI’s The Project Success Method training program.
2. Licensed copy of the Toolkit, including:
- Project Success Toolkit for Microsoft Project, a proprietary utility program providing enhanced input, processing, and reporting functionality.
- WBS Schedule Pro, a proprietary network diagramming tool from Critical Tools Inc.
- All systems settings, reports and layouts used in the course.
- 1 Day – 8 hours
- 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
“Very practical. Learned more in two days that I could apply immediately at work than my Master’s
program in project management. Well done.”
“I’m new to (client name redacted), but if I’m fired tomorrow (let’s hope not!) I’m a better PM for
taking this class. Thanks for all the info & a great planning methodology!”
“All special project employees should take this course!! It is not just an IT related process. (That is
why I liked it so much).”
“I have used the Project Success Method for over 20 years on all types of projects, including major
acquisitions, global outsourcing, rapid product development, corporate systems migrations, and
green initiatives. It’s top-down approach to planning and critical-issues focus during the control
process provide you with a means to manage very complex projects in a relatively simple,
straightforward manner. Whether you have a small project in a business start-up or a portfolio of
projects in a Fortune 500 company, the Project Success Method will help you complete them on
time, within budget and to quality specifications.” – John Liddell, former Senior Vice President,
Corporate Project Management, CB Richard Ellis
Live Instructor Led Online Classes – In Real-Time
You participate in live online classes as they are happening in real-time, from anywhere around the world with an internet connection. PSI instructors teach students in a virtual classroom: you attend these courses online. Classes include full participation, course material, breakout sessions, demonstrations and all the same activities and content as a live in-person class.
Project Success Method Toolkit Class for Microsoft ProjectPST-100E
No prior Microsoft Project experience is required. The Project Success Toolkit is a proprietary add-on for Microsoft Project 2013/2016/2019 that augments the core functionality of Microsoft Project. Over 6200 users around the world including many in the world’s best-known companies are using the Toolkit to more efficiently and effectively manage their projects. The Toolkit enhances the scheduling functionality of Microsoft Project and allows the user to follow the Project Success Method by enabling critical path and duration-based scheduling. This program is designed for prospective users of Microsoft Project. Remote, live instruction.
|Section||Dates||Days and Times||Instructor||Fee||Register|
|PST-100E-F2||November 11 (one-day)|
Thursday at 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
(Ends Nov 8)