Book Purchase, BHCC Account Set Up, Course Access, Directions and Parking
Unless your book is covered by the tuition cost, you will need to purchase your book separately online from the college bookstore. Do not buy the book from any place other than the college bookstore to ensure that you have the right book for your course. Credit cards accepted are Visa, MasterCard, AmEx, and Discover.
Instructions to find and purchase your book from the college bookstore
Visit https://www.bkstr.com/bhccstore/shop/textbooks-and-course-materials. Use your BHCC student seven-digit ID to quickly find your textbook.
If you do not have your seven-digit student BHCC ID number handy, click “Enter Courses” and select the semester with the words "Elevate WFD" under “Term”. In the Department field, select the course. In the “Select Course” field, choose the course number. In the “Section” field, choose the right section. Then click "Find Materials for (1) Course" box. Order your book. If you have questions, you may call the bookstore at 617-228-2304.
If you are registered for any of the courses listed below, you will need to buy the book from the college bookstore. You may follow the instructions above or click your course to get to the course page for book ordering instructions:
- SHRM Learning System, BSN-124E (https://www.bhcc.edu/shrm/)
- SHRM Essentials of Human Resources, BSN-124AE (https://www.bhcc.edu/corporatetraining/shrmessentialsofhr/)
- TEAS Test Prep, TRG-101E or TSG-101E
- HiSet Exam Prep, GED-104AE
- TOEFL Prep, TFL-101E
- PMP Exam Prep, BSN-126E
- Real Estate Sales, WCE-473E
Once you purchase the book, do not break the packaging until after the class has started. If the course is canceled, the college bookstore will only accept book returns if they are still wrapped in their original packaging. Book returns will not be accepted if it is not in its original packaging.
The courses below require a textbook, but they are not available for purchase at the college bookstore. Please click the course link for specific instructions to buy the book for these courses:
- Basic English Language Learners (Self-pay BELL students only) – Contact Sonia Sharma at 617-228-2462 or firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions to buy the book.
- ServSafe Manger Food Safety, SLF-101E (https://www.bhcc.edu/ce/testprep/)
- Hands-On Bartending, WCE-301E (https://www.bhcc.edu/ce/careerlifelonglearning/)
- TiP Alcohol Liability Certification, WCE-302E (https://www.bhcc.edu/ce/careerlifelonglearning/)
- Combo Package (TiPS and Hands-On Bartending), WCE-303E (https://www.bhcc.edu/ce/careerlifelonglearning/)
- Craft Cocktails and Mixology, WCE-304E (https://www.bhcc.edu/ce/careerlifelonglearning/)
BHCC Self-Retrieval Account Set Up
Setting up your BHCC account gives you access to Moodle-enabled courses, access to the college’s WiFi, and allows you to do business with BHCC efficiently.
If your class is Moodle-enabled (see below list), you must set up your BHCC account. Even if your course is not Moodle-enabled, it is recommended you set up your account.
The following Community Education classes are Moodle-enabled:
- SHRM Learning System - Tuesday section only
- SHRM Essentials of Human Resources
- TEAS Science & Math
- Pre-License Real Estate Sales
- PMP Exam Prep
NOTE 1: Please allow 24 hours after registration to set up your BHCC account.
NOTE 2: If you are a returning BHCC student and your BHCC account is still active, there is no need to set up your account again. If you have not been taking classes at BHCC for two consecutive semesters, your account is de-activated and you will need to contact TSS at email@example.com to request that it be re-activated.
If you have questions about setting your BHCC account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow the step-by-step instructions outlined below, or download the BHCC Self Retrieval Account Set Up, to help you self-retrieve both your username and password. Once you obtain your username and password, you will have set up your BHCC account.
To retrieve your username and password:
- Go to https://selfservice.bhcc.edu
- Click the “Forgot your Username link
- Enter your First Name, Last Name and the email address you used to register for your course. Click submit.
- You will have received an email with your username. Go to your email and get your username.
- Go back to https://selfservice.bhcc.edu and click the Forgot your password link.
- Enter the retrieved username and your email address, click submit.
- You will have received an email with password reset link. Click this link and reset your password. Please choose a complex password that includes lower and upper case letters along with numbers or symbols.
- You can use this username password combination to access:
Please contact our helpdesk. Email: email@example.com Phone: 617-228-3441
Important! – Please note you have two accounts.
- Your Elevate account is used for registration for non-credit courses only. Your username and password for Elevate you used to register for non-credit courses will remain the same.
- The BHCC account you set up is for you to access Moodle-enabled courses, BHCC email, and do business with BHCC while on campus. This is also known as your Self-Service account.
Access Your Course
- If your class is remote/online and is instructor-led, you will receive a welcome email with instructions on how to join the class within two days of the class start date.
- If your class is remote/online, but is self-paced, you will get instructions by email from a staff member on how to begin your class.
Directions to the College and Campus Parking
Directions to the college: https://www.bhcc.edu/charlestowndirections/
Campus Parking -- You may purchase a semester or daily permit. Rules, regulations, and cost can be found here: https://www.bhcc.edu/parking/. Click the Charlestown Campus for more details. Students are only allowed to park in Lots 1 or 2. Any questions or concerns, call ABM at 617-482-2487 or see the parking lot attendant. Cars parked without a semester parking permit will be towed.